Tuesday 5 January 2016

Undertale... 1st experience..



So I decided to try out #Undertale last night for the very first time, the bearded fat people made me buy it, I really don't get it..

Yet...

I mean, I know I'm just starting out the game here, I got past the "prologue" part of the game (oooooooooo dude but that's like the shocking feels part and ... - No, just stop), the only info I have of the game is from the trailer, everything else is just "dude play Undertale.. bro did you play undertale? man did..." JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!

Well... you get the picture... moving on...




Back to the trailer, from what I understood is that this is an RPG where fights don't really matter, where you don't have to fight.. so basically when you encounter a fight you have an option to flee? How is that different than every other RPG out there? If I decided to "spare" the enemy or just flee, which according to the tag line, every enemy could be spared, I get no Exp! and eventually I run into a boss where I cant flee from and am forced to fight, no talking doesn't work on these bosses as they just kick your ass while you are messing with the "flirt" command... Why should I bother to spare these creatures? shouldn't I be rewarded for doing so?

Oh look! Some frog! Please show mercy! 

Ok frog dude you can go now...
Oh you let him go? Well tough shit! because now you get 0 Exp and 0 Gold!

Seriously? and if I kick the frogs ass I get everything? HOW IS THAT DIFFERENT?

"but dude, you can play through the whole game without killing anyone.." - Yes, I am aware of that, but why am I not being rewarded for such a thing?

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the game so far as it does remind me of simpler times and I grew up with this shit, but I feel like I have been cheated with false advertisement, how can you tell me that battles don't really matter when IT REALLY DOES!?

Did I fall into another neckbeard false hype trap? Or does this game have more for me than meets the eye?

Guess I'll have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment